CASE STUDY – HOW THEY USE X4IMPACT
AutoLung Respiratory Assistance Device
COVID-19 Health Tech StartUp Uses X4Impact to Find Product-Market Fit for Cloud-Based Software Solution Addressing Ventilator Shortage
COVID-19 created awareness of the challenges associated with the lack of affordable ventilators to assist patients with respiratory issues. AutoLung uses software, the power of the cloud, and a smartphone app to deliver a low-cost ventilator that is easily accessible, simple to use and can be assembled by anyone with $200 in 2 hours.
follow us on x4i.org
- As a small social enterprise, they struggle to access funding and resources. Where to start?
- Data analytics and target market insights are expensive, adding up to thousands of dollars each year with multiple services to comb through.
- Need to reach hundreds of nonprofits and foundations in the US to validate needs and common challenges.
X4IMPACT SOLUTION AND BENEFITS
- Published a Premium Managed Listing for a professional web presence to test product-market fit and connect with NPOS and Funders.
- Used X4impact Money-Flow Tool and private search engine to explore the market and learned about the need for ventilators not only globally but also on indigenous and rural communities in the US.
- Received $10K Microsoft Azure credits to get started, while applying for grants discovered in X4Impact.
FUTURE PLANS AND IMPACT
- Use the platform to facilitate matching with funders and potential partners.
- Start creating demand with pre-orders, thanks to the X4Impact marketplace.
“X4Impact gives us a platform to seek partners, attract funders, and collaborate in accelerating the deployment of such critical technology.”
Derel Finch | M.D., FCCP, AutoLung Senior Advisor